Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best snacks for people of all ages. Here I am sharing with you a recipe that is easy to make, and yields 32 cookies. Yes, 32. If you find it a lot at a time, you can simply freeze them for up to 3 months. So make this recipe once, keep aside as much as you want, and freeze the rest. Each time you want one, or two, or plenty, just bring them out of the freezer, let them sit at room temperature and then re-bake them in the oven for a fresh-baked taste and texture.
This recipe asks you to chill the dough balls for 15-20 mins before inserting them into the oven. Make sure you make space for the baking tray in the refrigerator. If you cannot find enough space. You can chill the dough in a bowl before rolling it into balls. However, this might take around 2 hours. You might wonder why I chill the dough before I bake the cookies. The reason behind this is to keep the cookies chunky. If they are not chilled, they will become too flat in the oven.
Another note before you start this recipe, do not melt the butter, as it will not taste the same as as when softened. You can easily make the butter softened by taking it out earlier from the fridge and cutting it into small pieces.
One last thing, and I will mention this again in the recipe, keep aside some chocolate chips so that you can use them to style the cookie dough balls before you bake them. They will look prettier and for sure taste better, because who doesn’t like more chocolate?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Prep Time: 15 mins
Waiting Time: 15-20 mins
Baking Time: 9-10 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
Yields: 32 cookies
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter (225 g), softened
2 eggs + 1 yolk
3 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Using a stand mixer or electric beater, beat the sugars with the butter until light and creamy.
- Add the eggs, yolk and vanilla to the mixture, and beat for about 30 seconds.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and cornstarch, beat again until all ingredients are combined.
- Keep aside about 1/4 – 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Using a spatula, add the chocolate chips, 1/2 cup at a time, mix and then add another 1/2 cup, mix then add the other 1/2 cup. Try your best to evenly distribute the chocolate chips in the dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop out a tablespoon and half of dough, and roll it into a ball. Place them on the baking sheet. You can make 15- 16 cookies at a time, depending on how many cookies your tray fits.
- Keep space between the cookies because they will spread in the oven. Insert the remaining chocolate chips into the dough balls from all around. This will make the cookies look better and taste better, just like the picture below.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator for about 15-20 mins.
- After they’re chilled. bake the cookies for about 9-11 minutes, until the edges become golden. Do not overcook them, as they will become hard and crispy if you do so.
Looking for a healthier alternative? You can try our Banana Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies.